Being a Responsible Consumer – Small Changes with a Big Impact
What can you do in our community?
Supporting a Circular Economy
- In a circular economy, economic activity builds and rebuilds overall system health.
- The concept recognizes the importance of the economy needing to work effectively at all scales – for large and small businesses, for organizations and individuals, globally and locally.
- Transitioning to a circular economy does not only amount to adjustments aimed at reducing the negative impacts of the linear economy. Rather, it represents a systemic shift that builds long-term resilience, generates business and economic opportunities, and provides environmental and societal benefits.
In addition to traditional residential and commercial recycling programs, Loudoun residents may bring their materials to one of ten County Recycling Centers:
- Arcola Community Center
- Central Western Loudoun (Hamilton)
- Hillsboro Elementary School
- Leesburg Walmart
- Loudoun County Landfill
- Lucketts Elementary School
- Mickie Gordan Memorial Park
- Philmont Fire Department
- Sterling Park
Click the link to learn what can be recycled in Loudoun: Loudoun County Recycling: A-to-Z